Saturday, August 27, 2011

Finished Classroom!!

So I finally got things together and finished my classroom. If you didn't see it before click here! It was a mess!! I had to go through everything to see what I had and then didn't really know where to put stuff. Thankfully I was finished Monday before Open House that night and actually got to go home for an hour to chill for a minute. My nerves were driving me crazy.

I really like how my classroom turned out and love the polka dot apples I chose. I think they are super cute and can be used over and over. I still need to get some numbers to hang on the wall but I feel my room is neat and not overly decorated. Some classrooms have every wall space covered with some kind of poster or distraction. I believe that too much can be over stimulating for the kids AND me!!

View as you enter my room

View from my desk. Door is on the right.

View of my desk, Smart Board, from front of the room
View from front of classroom

View from front of the classroom

Daily Five Board

The CAFE Menu

Behavior Management Clip Chart
All students start the day on green, which is ready to learn. Then
they can move up for good choices, or down for bad choices. It
seems to be working good so far and I have only had to have one student
move their pen down. Hopefully we can keep up the good
behavior. They like to talk so I'm not sure how long it
will last.

The first three days of school went great. The first day I was a little scared. But after
preparing my own lesson plans day two and three went well. I think once we get rules learned
and the kinks worked out, things will run smoothly. Lesson plans still scare me a little but I think after I find a good lesson plan template it will all fall into place. Hoping my first full week of school goes great!!

No comments: