Monday, August 22, 2011

Open House and First Day Jitters

I have lots to share since I have been mia for the past couple of weeks, but I am so tired this post will be short and sweet.

Today was back to school for teachers and Open House. I made it through new teachers introduction this morning pretty good. Thankfully the super didn't embarrass me, and I didn't have to stand up which was a plus. I have been dreading Open House for some time now. I just hated the thought of facing parents. Some parents are so harsh and I was afraid they would ask questions I didn't know the answers to. Thankfully my partner teacher and I decided to do our presentations together and I didn't have to talk in front of everybody at all. Ya, I kind of cheated, but she offered! lol I did meet and greet parents and students on my own and I think things went pretty well. I have a bunch of cuties and mostly girls, which is a plus. If I can just stay away from all the drama. The whole bus thing scares me. Putting kids on buses, is this the right one, what is your name, no your a walker....................it just plain scares me. I mean were talking about the safety of these children are in MY hands!! Hoping all of that goes well.

Now to conquer the first day of school. Thankfully tomorrow afternoon I will have some more time to get last minute things together. My room is pretty much complete, just a thing here and a thing there to do. I'll take picts Wednesday morning. Or I will try anyway. Now that I am past Open House and have met my kids I feel better about the first day. I can do this. There only 6! One of the books I am going to read on the first day to my kids is The First Day Jitters

Cover Art of First Day Jitters

It's a cute little book about Sarah Jane, who does not want to go to school on the first day. In the end you find out it's actually the teacher who is not wanting to go. It's super cute and true! For this teacher anyway :)

I wish good luck to all the new and returning teachers and students who have or will start back to school! Good Luck! Hope it's a great year!!

No comments: