Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Day of School

Oh let me tell you, I am one tired teacher! My first day was good, my kids were pretty good, but I'm exhausted!! I still feel a little unorganized so that was some of the tiredness, from running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I brought some stuff home tonight so hopefully I can get some things done, if I don't fall asleep first.

I was very nervous this morning, more because I wasn't completely organized, but also because it was my first day of teaching ever. The morning went well and as students came in and got settled I began to get more comfortable. I did have one cry as mom brought her in. I was totally not expecting this out of first graders, but I pulled her away from mom and once mom was out the door the crying stopped. Thank goodness!! She ended up being one of my sweetest girls. I have a lot of cuties, sweeties, and some talkers. I already know of some talkative girlie's I'm going to have to move. But that's part of it. I have already noticed my lazy one, and boy do I mean lazy!! I'm going to have to figure out how to light a fire under his butty. It takes him FOREVER to get anything done. He just sits there.  I know most of the kids names, but there are still some I have to think about. I know it's only the first day and I will learn all of them very soon. All the teachers have been very nice, wishing me good luck, asking how my day went, and I even got a little gift this morning. I'm so glad I work with nice, caring people. Oh I have to tell this, I had a sweet little girl come in this morning who told me she had something for me. She tells me she didn't have an apple this morning to bring me, so she brought me a banana instead. While giving it to me, she accidentally broke the stem and it was covered in brown spots. Super sweet thought!! But I had to throw it away. Of course I didn't let her know that, she thinks I ate it. I had another girl that went home from Open House telling her mom the whole ride how pretty I was. Then I got a card from her this morning that said she loved me and that I was so beautiful! Awwwww!! Just melts my heart!! 

I did take pictures this morning of my classroom before kids showed up. I would post them now but I am so tired. I will try to post them this weekend. Hope everyone's week is going well! It's almost Friday!!!! :)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

yay for a good first day!! If it makes you feel any better this is exactly how our first day went and I only have 2 :)