Tuesday, August 9, 2011

St. Louis Vaca

We are back from our mini vaca in St Louis to visit Cory's dad. While we were there we did tons of shopping!! There are two malls I absolutely love and tons of other stores I can't shop at, at home. I needed some school clothes, we both needed school shoes, and I needed some more teaching stuff. I looked ALL over for shower caddies to go on the students tables for community pencils, colors and markers. Nobody had them! Not even The Container Store. I was shocked!! I found some at the Dollar Store but they only had two colors, green and red, and I need 4 colors. I was going to get them but was afraid I would find all four colors somewhere else and I wanted them to be the same style. Well.........................on our way home we sopped at a Dollar Store and found purple and blue. I was like seriously!! Are you kidding me?! What are the odds!! I knew I should have gotten those other ones. Oh well. So I am once again on a quest to find the other two colors. Hoping I find them before August 24!!

While we were there we also stopped and shopped in Old St. Charles. It was so beautiful and had lots of cute little shops. I was a little hot but still fun. I would love to go back in the fall when it's not so hot. It was lunch time when we got there so we found a pizza joint to eat it and were not unhappy with our choice! We ordered the Chicago Style pizza! It was not as thick as real Chicago Style pizza but it was still really yummy! Not that I know what "real" Chicago Style pizza tastes like, but I've seen picts of the real thing. Later on we stopped at an ice cream parlour and had a brown cow (coke float) and a cookies and cream shake. So yummy! It was a cool treat on a hot day!! Our feet were sooooo tired by the time we got home.

I still don't have my room finished because we went out of town and they were waxing the hallways. But we can get in tomorrow and the craziness begins. I'm a little nervous about if I'm going to be able to get everything done on time. Being thrown out for almost 2 weeks really threw me off course. I have a meeting today with the First and Kindergarten teachers to go over Daily Five. If you are a teacher you should totally check this book out! It goes along with the CAFE book and it sounds amazing. We are implementing it this year and hoping it goes as good as it sounds!!

Well off to get some more stuff done. Happy rest of summer! What's left of it :)

No comments: