Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Typical Weekend

I wanted to write a post about things we do now, before any babies. So one day when we say, "what did we do before we had kids?" we will remember.

A typical weekend during the school year usually consists of sleeping in Saturday morning till about 8:00, cooking breakfast, and then laying around all day or cleaning house. We are so busy during the week while school is in, that when the weekend comes all we want to do is rest. Sunday we usually go to church, then out to eat. The rest of the day is either spent lounging around or getting some work done.

Cory is not very spontaneous so it's not like us to just take off and go somewhere. There are many times that I would like to, but Cory just ain't having it. Some nights we go visit friends and end up staying until 11:00 or so, but not all the time. And never on a week day. During the week we usually end up going to bed at around 8:00. We may not go straight to sleep but we at least watch tv, and I am usually asleep soon there after. I am not a morning person so I have learned to go to bed early. Cory use to be a night owl, but he says I ruined him. I think having Abby is getting us a little prepared for when the baby comes. Cory gets up with her 2 of 3 times a night to take her out to use the bathroom, I do when I hear her but that's not too often unless she's in the bed with us. When she's in the bed with us, I'm awake like 3 or 4 times at least. Her moving and noises wake me up. So I'm sure I will be the same way with a baby, especially in the beginning.

During holidays we switch back and forth. One year we go see my family for Thanksgiving, and see his family for Christmas. Then the next year we switch. Now that Cory is a head basketball coach, and there are tournaments the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas, we don't get to see my family much. A couple of times I have just gone wo Cory, but he has always said that once we have children I can't do that anymore. I understand his reasoning, but I really want to spend time with my family too.

It's crazy to think that so many things will change in our lives. No more sleeping all night, sleeping in, going whenever we want, and I'm sure a lot of more things that we have no idea about. Our lives are so crazy busy during the school year and I am anxious to see how that changes after the baby comes. I am thinking it will be just as bad, in a good way. I can't imagine ball games with an infant and really hope he or she will do good with it.

I know there are many more things that will change once the baby gets here, both that I know about and things that I don't know about. But I am ready for a change :)





No comments: