Friday, January 28, 2011

Thankful for the Break

This year Cory is not coaching basketball and although he is dying to get back into it (he was made to do it) I am loving the extra time with him. Theres no practice, no games, no scouting, no phone calls from kids or parents, or late nights. It's amazing! Usually our lives are filled to the brim with church, work, ball games, school, life! When basketball season was in full swing I only saw Cory in the mornings before work and late at night when he either got home from practice or from a game. Let me tell ya ladies, I spent many a nights at home by myself. It just takes so much of his time. I love that he loves it (really I do) and I understand that it's his job but it's a lot to get use to. So yes I am very thankful that we have a break this year. The finances are tight and it makes us a little nervous, but I have my man around ALL the time. We get to go home right after work ever other week and I get to spend the rest of the night and the whole weekend with him! He helps me around the house, he helps me cook, he helps me clean, we play games, watch TV, take a walk, read, and are just together! It's amazing! He is a great man and I am glad to have him back. I know soon enough he will get another coaching job and he will be gone all the time. But for now I have him and I am loving it!

No comments: