Friday, January 14, 2011

Really???

Today in the classroom, the students were talking, loud, walking around, everybody was doing something. I looked at the teacher over me and wondered how she was so calm. How does she handle the craziness, the talking, the "teacher, teacher" while your helping another student. I just wanted to yell "everyone sit down and shut up!!" Not that I wanted to be mean, nor was it that I do not like my kids. It's not that at all. In fact I adore quite a few of my kids. But the noise gets to me. The chaos gets to me. It drives me up the wall. I can't handle every single kid in the classroom talking, walking around, reading aloud, asking for your help while your helping another child. I just can't do it.
And then while I'm sitting there watching this I wonder to myself how I will handle my own classroom?? Will I be able to handle the chaos? Or will I freak and yell at everyone to "close their mouths." I don't handle loud, crazy, disorderly situations very well. But that is what a lot of classrooms look like. So it makes me wonder if I picked the right career path. I guess for now only time will tell.

No comments: