Sunday, January 16, 2011

Life is too short

Tonight I found out a women in our community died yesterday. She was just a couple years older then me, just got married about 4 months ago and has 2 amazing kids. I did not know her well but I have been around her a couple of times and know that she was an amazing women. Always smiling, always happy, always made you feel important even if she didn't know you that well.
As I sit here and think about her and her age and how sudden and unexpected her death was, I am reminded of how short life really is. I wish we would remember this everyday and not take the amazing people in our lives for granted. I know I am definitely guilty of this. So I want to tell a couple important people how much I love them.
To my mother: Mom, I love you and I always will. No matter how much we clash or don't get along. I thank you so much for your unconditional love, your helping heart, and your words of wisdom (even when I don't want them). You are and always have been a great mother and for that I am eternally grateful! You taught me so many things, not just day to day things, but life lessons that have helped mold me into the person I am today.
To my husband: I love you so much! You are an amazing man and I am truly grateful that God put you in my life. I have it so much better then so many women and I rarely tell you how much I appreciate you. Thank you for being so amazing.
To my Meme: You are undoubtedly one of the most amazing women I have in my life. Your love and wisdom have kept this family together and made us into the wonderful people that we have turned out to be. Your love for the Lord shows in everything you do and I know God is looking down at you and smiling.
These are just a few of the amazing people in my life. Take a few minutes to pick up the phone, write a letter, or send a text to someone you love so they are reminded of how much you appreciate and love them. You don't know what tomorrow will bring and tomorrow you may not be able to tell them how much you love them!

No comments: