Saturday, August 18, 2012

3 Months Old and a couple of weeks

I am way behind on Morgan's 3 month post. She is actually 3 and a 1/2 months old now. My how she has changed in the past couple of weeks. I will try to go back to when she was really 3 months old.

At 3 months Morgan:

weighs 14 pounds. I am not sure about her height because we did not go to the Dr. this month. She is wearing 0-3 month clothing and size 1 diapers. The 0-3 month outfits fit her pretty good but I think she will be out of them pretty soon.

has really come out of her shell. She smiles all the time and follows you walking across the room. She loves to watch Abby especially when she is going crazy with a toy. She babbles but not a lot.

still loves the fan but is becoming interested in different things now. She is getting more interested in the tv and will sometimes watch it for quite a while mainly when there is something on that has a lot of colors, movement and noise.

has started eating baby food! We have tried squash, carrots, green beans and peas. Next we are starting on the fruit. She seems to like everything we have given her so far, so that is a plus. She really seems to enjoy food.

is sleeping between 9 and 10 hours. We have settled into more of a nightly routine then before. I feed her baby food around 8:15, then I bathe her, lotion and dress her, then I try to read a book to her, feed her a bottle and put her down. By the time I get to the book she is usually done and ready for a bottle, so we are getting less and less reading time.

loves bath time! She just smiles and kicks the whole time. No more crying, thank goodness!

is no longer breast feeding. At about 2 and a half months she started screaming every time I would try to nurse her. It didn't matter what I did, she screamed her head off. Since I was on the fence about doing it anyway and I figured I was going to have to quit when I went back to work, we decided to stop. She is now completely formula fed. She did get about 3 more weeks of breast milk after I stopped because of all the milk I had pumped. That made me feel a little better about stopping.

is not taking a paci anymore. Not sure what happened but she refuses to take one. I might as well give up because I don't think it's going to happen. Honestly, I think she is going to suck her thumb. She already sucks/chews on her hand all the time, so I think once she finds just that thumb she will suck it.

is doing great with not crying so much. She doesn't seem to be not as cranky like she was before. We have gone a good couple of weeks with out having bad days.

has learned how to roll over from her back to her belly. Once she gets rolled over her arm gets stuck and that makes her mad. Sometimes she can get it out right away and other times she struggles.

We have really enjoyed our summer with our sweet baby girl and are not looking forward to leaving her. But, thankfully we know she will be in good hands because my mom is going to watch her for us. We are so happy to not have to put her in a daycare. Now she will get one on one attention and we know for sure she will be taken care of.



Loves her new toy from Aunt Sarah and Uncle Daniel
10 weeks old


I like my bumbo seat from Aunt Sarah and Uncle Daniel also!
10 weeks old

Smiling in my jumperoo
12 weeks


Big girl sitting in my rocking chair
14 weeks


No comments: