Sunday, August 26, 2012

4 months old

Were loving our little girl more every day and are absolutely hating to leave her at gome to go to work. It makes me feel a little better that she is home with my mom, but that doesn't take away missing her at all!

At 4 months Morgan:

weighs 16 pounds (85th percentile)  and is 25 inches long (80th percentile). She is getting to be such a big girl. When I see just her all the time I think she is getting so big, but when I see her up to another baby she always seems to look so small. Is still wearing 0-3 month clothing but a lot of it is getting too small, if not already too small. I have already put a couple outfits away because she can't wear them anymore. I have tried a couple of 3-6 outfits and they are just a tad too big. She will be into them with in the next couple of weeks. She is now wearing size 2 diapers. It's amazing to me how quickly she grows out of the diapers!

is really beginning to become a happier baby. She smiles and smiles especially when she first wakes up. Today was the first time she actually laughed out loud! I have been trying and trying to get her to laugh but it didn't matter what I did, she just wouldn't do it. I tried peek-a-boo, tickling her, and laughing myself. She would just look at me like I was crazy. But not today, today I tickled her and it just came out. Like she had been doing it forever! I wish I would have gotten it on camera but hopefully sometime soon I can her laughing. It won't be her first time but it will still be sweet and special!

loves the TV at times. She has sat and watched and watched for quite a while. I really don't like her watching a lot of it, but sometimes when I need to get something done it's a life saver.

loves eating baby food! She eats one thing of baby food at dinner time.We have tried a lot of stuff. Sweet pot, carrots, peas, green beans, zucchini, squash, applesauce, bananas, peaches, and pears. I think she might be a little allergic to bananas. The first night we tried them she got a rash but we weren't sure if it was the bananas or maybe the bath. But she got a rash the second and third night also. So we won't be having any banana's anytime soon. I am always leery about new things because Cory is allergic to things and has had some scares here lately. I don't think he is allergic to any food, but it still scares me with Morgan. I am always fearful her throat will start swelling up which freaks me out!

has not been sleeping good lately. She was sleeping between 9 and 10 hours but the past couple of weeks she has been off. For about a week to 2 weeks she was waking up 2 to 3 times a night. I was and am still confused on whether I should feed her in the middle of the night. Then we started putting cereal in her bottle again and she started sleeping for about 7 hours. I'll take that! But last night she woke up at 12:00, 3:00 and then 7:30. I'm not sure what is going on. Not sure if she is having a growth spurt, feels our stress with starting back to school, trying to get use the change or what. There's not telling with this girl, it's always something different! Her nightly routine is still baby food at 8:00, bath time, lotioned and dressed, read a book, bottle, then bed. It seems to run smoothly so I guess we'll keep it.

has started to suck her index and middle finger, and we have caught her sucking her thumb a couple of times. I have tried so hard to get her to take a paci so she wouldn't suck her thumb but no matter how hard I try she refuses to take one. When she started sucking her thumb, we popped the paci in to see if she would take it. She sucked it all day, then has refused it ever since. I might as well just give up on the paci. She's just not gonna take it. I just pray she doesn't suck her thumb till kindergarten like I did.

has got the rolling over thing mastered. She can roll over from back to belly and from belly to back. When you lay her down on her back she immediately rolls to her belly. She no longer gets her arm stuck. She can push up on her arms when on her belly and holds her head up to see. She follows you walking across the room, and turns her head when she hears you talking. She smiles when you smile and smiles for no reason at all.

has babbled for a couple of months now but the past couple of weeks she has really been talking a lot, and very loud. I think she loves to hear herself talk. She has found her tongue, hands and feet. She rolls her tongue and sticks it in and out. She has started to try and reach for things and picked a toy up off the table today. She reaches for her feet and tries to put them in her mouth. Hasn't quite made them there yet but I know she will soon. She drools like crazy and makes spit bubbles.

She is getting so big and really coming into her own little self. I hate that she is getting so big so fast, but I am thankful that she is growing into a healthy little girl.

 
Momma's 28th birthday
 
 
Happy girl, ready for church
15 weeks
 
 
Sweet baby girl!
16 weeks old
 
 
 
No more pictures momma
 
 
 
 

No comments: