Sunday, December 4, 2011

Wives Tales for Gender Prediction

We are going to the dr. this Thursday to find out what we are having. (I have to add in that every time I ask Cory what he think we are having he says "a baby, what else?") Everyone know that I am wanting a girl and Cory is wanting a boy, and that I have a "feeling" it is a girl. Just for fun I thought I would look up the old wives tales and see what they said. Let me tell you, I am super excited! Even if it is silly old wives tales!


Heart rate: I looked up what they say about the babies heart rate
and it says that if it usually runs 140 or lower it's
a boy, higher it's a girl. Mine has been running 150-160
GIRL

Chinese Calendar: For this you have to put in your age and
 due date or conception date. Again I was told I was having a
GIRL

Cravings: They say if you crave salty things, it's a boy. If you
crave sweets and citrus it's a girl.Well I crave food period,
so I really don't know who gets it here except I did/do sometimes
crave orange juice so we will go with
GIRL :)

Morning Sickness: I read that if you have early morning sickness and
 terrible morning sickness it's a girl. So according to this it's a
BOY

Necklace with Pendant: This is test is the same as using your wedding
ring or the old pencil trick. You hold the necklace over your hand or your belly.
If it moves in a circle, it's a girl, back and forth, it's a boy. It went in a circle so
GIRL

Kids Know: Before I go to the Dr. I am going to have my students vote
on what they think it will be. I have always heard that kids know, so we will see.

I know there are several more things you can do but I'm sure you could go
on and on with it. Right now from the tests it is leaning towards a girl,
so I hope they are right!! We will find out in 4 days. I can't wait!!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

So you are going today so we will know one way or another pretty soon. However most of these wives tales were pretty spot on for me. Except the Chinese lunar calendar. It was right for KK and Abby but wrong with Haley which is weird bc ALOT of people i know said theirs was right too. I'm sooo hoping for a girl for you! Poor Cory..better luck next time :) Hypothetically speaking of course!!