Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's a............................

Girl!!!

We would like to introduce to you.............

Morgan Amory Russell


We couldn't be any happier! Well Cory could be, but he'll get over it.
We went Thursday to find out what it was. I had some friends that told me
to drink orange juice and have a full bladder so the baby would be moving around
and would hopefully be able to see things better. When she started pushing on my belly,
I had to pee so bad!! She asked if we wanted to know the gender, of course we did!
I have had a feeling for about a month or two now that it was a girl but figured since
I wanted one so badly it would be a boy. Well after most of my class voted on a boy, and
about 3 people telling me I looked like I was having a boy, I was really freaked out
it was. I tried to tell myself it was probably a boy because I didn't want to start
crying or be upset if it really was a boy. I wasn't quite sure how I would react.
I was afraid I would be upset, and I still feel really bad about that. It's not
that I don't like boys, I just really want a girl and have for some time now!
Anyway back to my story..........
The tech had asked us if there were bets or anything, and I told her no, but
he wanted a boy and I wanted a girl. And joked that Cory might cry if it was
really was a girl. We were about 10 minutes into the
ultrasound when she asked us if either one of us was really going to cry
if she told us now, or did she need to wait until the end? Heck no! She
said "well I've looked 4 times and I'm pretty sure it's a GIRL, but things could
be tucked away." But she was pretty sure. We went on measuring things
and explaining things, half of which I had no idea what she was talking
about. Basically she said everything looked good, things were growing like
they were suppose to and she was measuring right on the original due date,
for now anyway.
Then at the end she said "well I'm sorry to tell you this Cory,
but I've looked about 15 times and theres no doubt it's a girl" Oh, I could not believe
my ears! I am was sooooo happy and Cory, well he just sat there with a big
smile on his face. It was so funny! She tried to get a 4D picture but baby girl
was pushed down into the placenta and we couldn't really see her face too good
and she had her hands up by her face. The tech had me go use the bathroom,
turn on my sides and that stubborn little girl would not come out. We got to see
her yawn, which was super cute and mover her mouth, which the tech said
she was drinking the fluid.
The tech did tell us that when we come in next time she would schedule
us and try for another 4D picture.
For the past two appointments Dr. Wright has been saying I am
measuring 3 weeks ahead but that he really thought it was from my
surgery and that my uterus is growing long instead of round. So while
we were with the tech I asked her what she thought. Like I said, she said
baby girl was measuring right on my due date and from the
way she was laying she agreed with Dr. Wright. Hearing this made me
feel much better. I don't know why but I was worrying just a little that
there might be something wrong.
I am pretty sure I have been feeling her move the past couple of days,
which is sooo amazing! It is mainly when I lay down, probably because
I am still and sometimes paying attention. I am ready to feel her all
the time. There are certain things I wear that I feel very pregnant
and then some things that I don't feel pregnant at all. So that with
not feeling her during the day makes me scared sometimes. I am always
happy to go to the dr. and hear her heartbeat because I start to get scared
that something is wrong. I will feel much better when I can really feel her
move and know that she is ok.

I still can't believe that I am really pregnant and now that I am really
having a girl!! God is so amazing and He truly does hear and care for
His children. It was very hard to wait to even start trying for 4 years, and
it was even harder to try for 2 years wo getting pregnant. But God knew
exactly what He was doing and His timing was perfect. Sometimes I have
to remember that God sees the big picture and He has a plan for my life.
If I would just stop trying to makes the plans myself, things would
probably go a lot easier. Thank you God, for loving me and giving us this
sweet precious gift!!!

No comments: