Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Great Weekend

It was definitely a great 4 day weekend. Although I missed my husband and wished he was with me, I had an amazing time with the fam that I only get to see about 2 maybe 3 times a year. I love spending time with them which makes me want to move to Indiana even more. It's probably not going to happen this year but I can still wish and pray that we do move there soon. I want the close knit, Sunday lunches, Saturday game nights, let's go shopping, hang out, kind of family. My husband has this with his family because alomost all of them live in the same town or very close. I want my kids to grow up knowing their extended family, playing with their cousins, and being as close to their grandparents as I am with mine. I want that for my kids and I guess a little selfishly for myself. I have never lived close to any of my family except for my brother. But he has moved away and I miss having him and his family around. Not only do I want this for my kids and myself, but I love my family. We get along so well and I want the chance to grow even closer. Maybe some day we can find jobs where they live and I can have my wish. That's what I keep telling myself.

While I was in town my cousins came down to see us. I got to love on baby Gracie the whole time. Made me want one even more. She is sooo tiny and sweet. She's two and a half months and only weighs nine pounds. Tiny little thing. She smelt so good and melted my heart. One of my other cousins came up and we all got to see her growing pregnant belly which made me yearn for my belly to be growing too. I went shopping to buy her some gifts since I probably won't be seeing her before the baby is born in July. Made me want to just keep the stuff for myself. Ready for it to be my turn. Still thinking positive and praying this is the month. Why is it that when you are trying and can't get pregnant there are always babies and pregnant women everywhere?

2 comments:

Glenda said...

I am so glad you got to come see us. I enjoyed the time with everyone too.
I heard you are not feeling well. I hope you are better soon.

Brynn said...

it is so hard. they really do come out of the woodwork! hope you get all your wishes soon!