Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I must confess

A lot of people think I am this extremely organized, extremely clean, nothing can be out of order type of wife. Do you want the truth? That's only me sometimes. And it depends on what it is I am doing or dealing with. My family got to see a side of me this Christmas that I'm sure some of them have never seen.

First of all my Aunt and I had decided previously that we would open presents one at a time so we could see what everyone got. I mean hello, I spent the money and took the time to pick out the perfect present. I think it's only fair to let me see your excitement when you open it. Well things started out great. One present at a time. Then out of no where presents start being handed out like crazy and paper starts flying. I give up. It's hopeless. I instantaneously decide that I will be Santa next year, that way I can be in charge of how fast or slow we go. (ya, that's another side of me too. I like to be in charge) Course the rest of the opening present time I am silently going crazy. Noise, trash, people talking, loud, there's way too much going on in this tiny little living room for me. I really do think I get overstimulated. I use to think that was the stupidest thing until it happened to me. Anyway, a couple of hours later, when nobody picked up the trash, put away their gifts, or straightened up a little, I did it. I went into superwomen mode. I couldnt' handle it. Toys were crammed into corners, there was wrapping paper still taped to boxes and there were people everywhere. So I found some boxes, put their gifts neatly in them, and threw away the trash. After about an hour people started telling me to stop, it was ok, we didn't have to clean it now. Yes we do, I insist. It's driving me crazy. Besides were not doing anything, I might as well. I can't help it, I like things clean and organized.

But here's the funny part. If you saw my scrapbooking room you would not believe that was me. It looks like a tornado went through the middle of it. I hate to do laundry, sometimes the last load will sit in the dryer for a week, until I have to do another load. But I am very particular about how things are folded and put away. I have a certain way I fold things and they must be stacked neatly and rotated. You don't want to be using the same towel over and over again, it will get worn out. My poor husband has been told many times to not just throw the towels in the closet, put them where they go! I hate it when he doesn't pull the hanger when he gets a shirt. Just pull the hanger too and put it with the rest of the hangers, but yet my closet floor is covered in shoes that are not so organized. I love to see my bathroom sparkling but have gone for 2 weeks wo cleaning before. For some reason a dirty car does not bother me until someone else gets in it and then all I can think about is that they are looking at my nasty car and thinking bad of me. I will go for weeks, no months making the bed every morning, and then all of a sudden go a whole week wo making it. I can't stand to see a sink full of dishes and I hate it when the drying towel is not folded properly and put in it's specific place. And it doesn't just go anywhere, it has a home. I rotate the pillows on my couch so they don't get flattened, but I will go for days wo sweeping the floor. Now does that make any sense to you? I mean really. How can you be so crazy organized in some areas and just not care in others. Weird, I tell ya, weird!

No comments: