Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Birthday Fun

Morgan's birthday party was scheduled on her actual day, but because of the weather we were unable to have it that day. They were calling for strong thunderstorms, hail, strong winds, and tornadoes. Since it was an outside party, I knew this would not work.

However, I still wanted her day to be special. I meant to put balloons in her room the night before so she could wake up to them on her birthday, but I forgot so I did it during her nap instead. She was thrilled! She loved them and played with them for a good 30 minutes and days after. 



For breakfast we had birthday pancakes! They are delicious cake pancakes with confetti sprinkles in them! They were so fluffy and delicious that I might make them for MY birthday!! ;) Morgan loved them AND blowing out the candles!

That morning Cory went hunting. He said he wouldn't be back until 11:00 or so, but surprised us both and showed up around 8:00 with flowers and little presents for Morgan. She loved it all and I was so surprised with his thoughtfulness! I knew he could be sweet when he wanted to be! I love that he thought about Morgan and tried to make her feel special. Maybe those special flowers from daddy will become a birthday tradition.

After lunch, I made Morgan's cake and then I let her help me decorate it. She loves to help and lick the beaters. Then we went to out to eat, Morgan's choice, McDonald's of course, and then headed to the Bounce House. We had never been before and she loved it! She was a little scared to climb up up the stairs to the slide by herself and a little scared of the slide so I ended up having to help her. She would turn around and try to cling to me and I would say "it's ok, I've got you" so she started saying "I got you momma, I got you". It was so funny and so darn sweet! I'm sure she meant I'm holding on tight, don't drop me momma but it was so funny. Now she asks to go all the time and when we pull up somewhere she doesn't recognize she will say "what's that? the Bounce House?". So funny!!!!


After the Bounce House we headed home and had cake and ice cream. When we lit the birthday candles I had to tell her to wait to blow them out until we sang Happy Birthday to her. She was not happy with me. Oh my, it was so funny! Then after she would blow them out she would say "again, again!". We did it about 10 times.

I think her actual birthday was wonderful! Just the three of us celebrating this sweet little girl! Love her forever and ever and can't wait to celebrate many more birthdays with  her!

Happy Birthday sweet girl!!


No comments: