Monday, May 28, 2012

First Big Trip

We took Morgan on her first big trip at 2 weeks old to see my Meme and Papa in Horatio Arkansas. What were we thinking was all I could think the whole drive. My mom was still at our house helping us with Morgan. She needed to go back to her house to pack things up so she could move. We weren't really ready for her leave yet so we started begging her to stay, Some how in the midst of the conversation we got talked into going with her. Cory and I both kept thinking and asking if we were stupid to be taking a 2 week old on a 7 hour trip?! We quickly packed our things and got on our way. I was hoping Morgan would sleep the whole way and kind of figured she would. She loves riding in the car and usually falls asleep. This trip was no different. She slept almost the whole time, which was good because by this point she was pretty much screaming if she was awake.

About half way there we pulled over to change and nurse her. I had laid her down in my seat to change her. Things were great, I was almost done. Then, she pooped. I'm talking it shot out of her booty projectile like. It was everywhere, all the down the car, all over her, and on the blanket I had laid her on. I'm not sure how but it didn't get on anything that couldn't be wiped off. It didn't get on me and it didn't get on any fabric on the car. Wow!!! I get her all cleaned up and was about to put her diaper on, when she does it again!! THEN, I get her all cleaned up and she pees everywhere. It was crazy! My mom and I just stood there and laughed and prayed she didn't do anything else. Thankfully I got the diaper on before she could.

We got into town too late to go to Meme's so we went to mom's and surprised Meme and Papa the next morning. I loved to see her face when she opened the door to see her granddaughter and new great granddaughter!! She was so surprised and so happy! She was instantly in love with Morgan and couldn't wait to hold her. I loved every minute of it! I am so so thankful my Meme and Papa are still alive to meet their great granddaughter. They are very important to me and I want Morgan to know them the way I do.

I got to spend some wonderful time with my Meme just talking and watching her love on Morgan. While we were there it was Mother's Day. It was nice to spend my first Mother's Day with my mom and Meme. We went out to eat and had a wonderful time. I so wish we lived closer so I could see them more often. Thankfully things went great the whole trip and there were no major catastrophes except the poop incident. I am glad we decided to go even if it was last minute and even if we were crazy to take a 2 week old on a 7 hour trip! Our first big trip with Morgan was a great success. Hoping that is of things to come!!

4 Generations- Meme, Mom, Me, Morgan

Meme and Papa

My first Mother's Day

No comments: