Thursday, May 16, 2013

First Birthday Party

Morgan's first birthday was not a good one for me, so we'll skip by all the drama and head straight to the good stuff. Because really who wants to hear me gripe?!
 
Morgan had pictures that morning with our friend Jay. I was a little nervous about how the day would go because we were doing pictures and a party. She ended up waking up at 5:00 and refused to go back to sleep for an hour. But thankfully the she didn't have any fits for the pictures and didn't cry. She didn't smile but she didn't cry. I would say it was a success.
 
We were suppose to have Morgan's party outside and the 2 weeks leading up to the big day the forecast was looking like it was going to be wonderful weather. Then the week before it started to go down hill. First it started out with a 10% chance and 75 degrees. I was very hopeful. But as the week dragged on the weather was getting worse and worse. By the time Saturday arrived there was a 100% chance of rain and 60 degree weather. Ok, ok, guess we need a plan b. We called around town to see if anybody had any openings for space for a party, no luck. Reluctantly we asked Cory's aunt if we could have it at her house. I say reluctantly because she always gets stuck with everything at her house. Thankfully she agreed. Wonderful
 
The theme I ended up choosing for her party was "You Are My Sunshine". It just seemed so fitting, as cliché as it sounds, because she really is our sunshine! She makes all my days bright and sunny. My mom use to sing this song to me and now I sing it to Morgan.

 
The colors were pink and yellow, which I have always loved together!
A lady in West Plains made her cake and did a beautiful job.
The cake turned out exactly the way I wanted it to, and it was super yummy!
 
 
On the menu was chicken salad sandwiches, (from The Bank in Doniphan, yummo!)
deviled eggs, chips, pink popcorn, pink lemonade cupcakes, and pink lemonade.  
 
 
 
I think it was simple and yummy. After we ate, we opened
presents. Morgan loved pulling the paper out of the bags
and actually did a pretty good job opening presents. She got
some fun toys and a lot of money.
 
 
  
 
 
I love this picture because we were opening the card
Cory and I got her, which had Minnie Mouse on it. She
loves Mickey and Minnie and was excited to see her!
 
 
Cory just had to get her a basketball hoop and I was
happy when we found a pink one. I hope the girl likes
basketball because she doesn't stand a chance in this
house not to.
 
 
After opening gifts we let Morgan eat her cake. I had been
singing Happy Birthday to her for a couple of weeks
because I didn't want her to cry when everybody was staring at
her singing to her. She did fine.
 
 
 
She had no problem digging in! She loved squishing it
in her hands and throwing it on the floor to share
with the dogs. I don't know that too much made it into
her mouth, but she sure had fun!
 
 
 
 
 
Morgan had a great time and things turned out great.
Love our little girl and can't believe her first birthday has
come and gone. Makes me sad! My little girl is getting too
big too fast!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: