Sunday, June 26, 2011

Feelings and Summer

I am feeling a little overwhelmed. But I knew I would feel this way when I had my first classroom. I have been in my room a couple of times but they were quick in "wow" now let's go before I have to do something kind of visits. You see I am one of those people that when I am doing something new or that I am unsure of, don't know what I'm doing, don't know anybody, it takes me forever to get started. Once i get started I am usually fine.....................but getting started is another story. So that's where I am right now. I met with the other First grade teacher today and I like her. But she started talking about stuff that I was unsure of and it scared me. Thank goodness she will be on vacation this next week and then I will be on vacation the next week, so I don't have to face my fear for another two weeks. Every time I think about working in my room or the first day of school I am reminded of the children's book that talks about someone not wanting to go to school, their mom is telling them to get up, get ready, it' fine everyone will like you, and then in the end you find out it's the teacher not wanting to go. I totally agree! I can't remember the name of the book but it's really cute.

I am also the new cheerleading coach and I find the same feelings when thinking about meeting with the girls. It amazes me that I use to have all these feelings when I was in school and I am now 26 years old and am still having the same feelings. I should be over this stuff. That feeling of unsureness and insecurities haunt me to this day. I will push pass them and move on. The question is when?

The house is coming along slowly but surely. We finely got Direct TV yesterday. It only took 3 weeks! I am down to one room to paint, thank goodness, because I am so tired of painting. The man came to measure the kitchen and den floors but nobody has said when they are coming to change them out. Very ready for them to come get it done so I can get the den in order. There are boxes and junk everywhere. I like our house more and more everyday. It has it's own little charm and I love it.

Our summer is going good. Busy but good. We both have a ton of things we have to get done. Being at a new school always brings a ton of work with it, and since I am a first year teacher it brings even more work for me. We are going to visit my mom and grandparents in a couple of weeks. Cory wants to take Amtrak again this year. We took it last year and he loved it. Crazy man! Hope everyone is having a great summer!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I am soooo excited for you!!! I didn't know you were gonna be cheerleading coach too! If you told me I missed that! You'll do great! Are they having tryouts or just walk on? Is this a big school? Public or Christian? When is the first day? I need your addy again! I know I'm soo bad about keeping up with stuff. Here's what happens..I get comfortable with where I put something but it still makes clutter where its at so Will makes me move it.Then I have no idea where it goes after that. I hate that! I wish he'd let me leave my stuff where I know where its at :)