Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Growing too Fast

Miss M has finally learned how to say "pee"!! Which means please. Sometimes she refuses to say it, but I refuse to give her what she wants until she says it and she will soon say it.

I thought I was going to wait until this summer to break her from taking a cup in the middle of the night, but she hasn't had one for over a week. I read an article that sippy cups with a spout could and would mess with their development the longer they took one. So I went right out and got her new spout-less cups. She will take it fine during the day, but refused to take it in the middle of the night. The only thing I can think is maybe it's not like drinking out of a bottle so maybe not soothing to her? But, I'm not sure. Breaking her was way easier then I thought it would be. Now if I could just get her to sleep through the night. I think she's on that track, hopefully anyway.

Now that she does not take a cup to go to sleep or in the middle of the night, her nightly routine has changed. First thing we do is watch either Henry Huggle Monster or Gaspard and Lisa. Then she takes a bath, gets dressed, I dry her hair, brush her teeth, we read 3 books, pray, she goes and gives Abby kisses, and we put her in her bed. I have to cover her up with her blanket, give her some books and her flashlight, and make sure she has Elmo. That's the routine this week. It could possibly be different next week. She is one crazy girl!

She constantly asks for juice and "chee", cheese. She would drink only juice and eat only cheese if we would let her.

I am working with her right now on sorting things. We have been using her alphabet puzzle to sort the letters into the different colors. Once I do a couple she can usually catch on to what I am asking of her.

She said her first 3 word sentence yesterday. Where's the ball? I was super proud. She has been saying words for a couple of weeks now but yesterday was her first time to actually connect them.

I am so thankful she is growing and developing but I am also sad to see my baby girl leaving me day by day, minute by minute. It's going way too fast!

No comments: